Tutorial - Guides
Jynxbox M3 - Frodo 12.4 Pure XBMC Flash
1 - Download the file above and place it somewhere you can access it easily
2 - Insert a MicroSD card in your computer (FAT32)
3 - Extract all the contents of the zip file you downloaded to the ROOT of your MicroSD card.
4 - Make sure the power cable is disconnected from the rear of the box
5 - Place the MicroSD card in your Jynxbox M3 unit.
6 - Locate the upgrade hole underneath the unit, with a paper clip, pin or other small object, insert it into the update pin hole and hold down the button. Plug in the power cable DO NOT RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON and keep holding for 15 seconds.
7 - If you have done all the steps correctly you will see the Android Recovery screen. Goto apply update, SD Card, and install update_spi_mc_linux_xbmc_20140411.img.
8 - When the install is complete reboot the Jynxbox M3 and go back into recovery using the pinhole update method.
9 - Go back into System Update, SD Card, and now apply the TIAB-JYNXM3-XBMC-LINUX-V1.img file.
10 - When that install is finished reboot the unit and you will have your Jynxbox M3 at the latest XBMC 12.4 Frodo!
Jynxbox M6 - How to Revert to Android from XBMC flash
- Download the file above and place it somewhere you can access it easily
- Insert a MicroSD card in your computer (FAT32)
- Extract all the contents of the zip file you downloaded to the ROOT of your MicroSD card
- Make sure the power cable is disconnected from the rear of the box
- Place the MicroSD card in your Jynxbox M6 unit.
- Hold down the POWER BUTTON and insert the POWER CABLE in the unit. DO NOT RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON and keep holding for 15 seconds.
- If you have done all the steps correctly you will see the Android man logo with a progress bar. When the revert is completed your box will automatically reboot. It will take a bit longer to start the first time due to all the applications reinstalling.
Jynxbox M6 - Pure XBMC Flashing Guide
Warning: Please note that we take no responsibly if you damage or brick your Jynxbox M6 unit. This may also void your warrantee with the Jynxbox manufacturer. Proceed with caution.
Hello Theater in a Box fans! We have compiled a detailed guide on how to flash your Jynxbox M6 to Pure XBMC linux. Please follow the instructions below carefully!
Things you will need for this tutorial:
- MicroSD Memory Card (2gigs minimum)
- A computer you can transfer files on to the MicroSD Card
- Your choice of either XBMC Frodo 12.4 or XBMC Gotham 13 RC1. SELECT ONE OF THE DOWNLOAD LINKS NOT BOTH
Part 1: Preparing your MicroSD Card
Alright, so we are going to start off by inserting your MicroSD card into your computer. To keep things clean, please format it to a FAT or FAT32 file system. This will ensure that the card will read in the box and also prevent from anything else possibly conflicting.
Extract the ZIP file to the root of your MicroSD Card.
Part 2 : Flashing the Jynxbox M6 with Theater in a Box Pure Linux
- Unplug your Jynxbox M6 power cable from the back of the unit.
- Insert the MicroSD memory card in the M6
- IMPORTANT SECTION: Hold and keep holding the power button on the M6.
- While holding the power button plug in the power. Keep holding the power button for 15 seconds and then you can release. This will force the box to read the memory card and start automated flashing process.
- Your screen might go black for a bit but whatever you do, DO NOT UNPLUG OR TOUCH THE BOX! This is just part of the process.
And that should do it! If your successfully flashed your box, you should see the Theater in a Box splash screen, following a XBMC splash screen. It might take a few minutes to boot the first time around.